Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Custom fields and checkboxes / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Custom fields and checkboxes (16)

Posted: 08/09/2005 4:51:53 PM

Reply Quoted  

lhornaday wrote:08/08/2005 7:37:26 PM
Thanks, I did see your reply in the ticket. I am just confused as to why my site still is not workng. I'll work on it a while longer tonight and hopefully come up with something.

Luke,

Please be more specific about what is not working. Is it the same thing?

Thanks.

Posted: 08/09/2005 8:27:43 PM

Reply Quoted  

Yes, the same thing. Have a look at the site. The login information is given in a post above. Go to the 'My profile' link after logging in. Under the cuutom fields heading I have an input box that I am trying to use. The input box return "Array" every time even though it will save in the database whatever you type. revisit te form after submitting and "Array" will be there. Underneath that input box I am using the following code to return the value of the same custom field and it is working fine.
Here is the HTML I am using in my_info.tpl

<tr>
        &
lt;td CLASS="field-name">
        &
lt;inp:m_language _Phrase="lu_title_Typeratings&quot/></td>
        &
lt;td class="field-content-input">
        &
lt;inp:m_form_input _field="fieldcustom_types&quot_Form="m_acctinfo&quottype="text" class="input&quotstyle="width:250px;&quot/>
        &
lt;inp:m_user_field _Field="custom&quot_Customfield="fieldcustom_types&quot/>        
        &
lt;/td>
        &
lt;/tr>

Posted: 08/10/2005 10:07:37 AM

Reply Quoted  

lhornaday wrote:08/09/2005 8:27:43 PM
Yes, the same thing. Have a look at the site. The login information is given in a post above. Go to the 'My profile' link after logging in. Under the cuutom fields heading I have an input box that I am trying to use. The input box return "Array" every time even though it will save in the database whatever you type. revisit te form after submitting and "Array" will be there. Underneath that input box I am using the following code to return the value of the same custom field and it is working fine.
Here is the HTML I am using in my_info.tpl

<tr>
        &
lt;td CLASS="field-name">
        &
lt;inp:m_language _Phrase="lu_title_Typeratings&quot/></td>
        &
lt;td class="field-content-input">
        &
lt;inp:m_form_input _field="fieldcustom_types&quot_Form="m_acctinfo&quottype="text" class="input&quotstyle="width:250px;&quot/>
        &
lt;inp:m_user_field _Field="custom&quot_Customfield="fieldcustom_types&quot/>        
        &
lt;/td>
        &
lt;/tr>

Hello Luke,

Note, it worked on Aug-06-2005 and doesn't now because the file was overwritten by you on Aug-09-2005. It's a second time I am changing this in your kernel/parser.php file. Please be more careful next time.

Thank you.

Posted: 08/10/2005 11:35:33 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks for the great support Dmitry. that's why I will continue to be a customer

Posted: 09/02/2005 6:17:21 PM

Reply Quoted  

I did not see a fix to this problem with version 1.1

To anyone with similar problems, this is what worked in the last version. Change the following in the kernel/parser.php

$u->LoadCustomFields();
       if(
is_array($u->CustomFields))
       {       
         foreach(
$u->CustomFields as $f=>$v)
           {             
$FormValues[$FormName][$f] = $v;             
           }
       }
    break;

to:

$u->LoadCustomFields();
       if(
       {       
         foreach(
           {             
                if 
is_array($v))

$FormValues[$FormName][$f] = !empty($v['lang_value'])? $v['lang_value'] : $v['value'];
                 else

}
       }
    break;

Posted: 09/03/2005 5:41:02 PM

Reply Quoted  

lhornaday wrote:09/02/2005 6:17:21 PM
I did not see a fix to this problem with version 1.1

To anyone with similar problems, this is what worked in the last version. Change the following in the kernel/parser.php

$u->LoadCustomFields();
       if(
       {       
         foreach(
           {             
           }
       }
    break;

to:

$u->LoadCustomFields();
       if(
       {       
         foreach(
           {             
                if 
is_array($v))

$FormValues[$FormName][$f] = !empty($v['lang_value'])? $v['lang_value'] : $v['value'];
                 else

}
       }
    break;

Hello Luke,

Thanks for point this out. I guess by some reason it slipped out from release.

Thanks again for bringing this up!

Page:     1 2